Monday, July 13, 2015

wk 2 in Argentina 7/13/15





7/13/15

Hola!
Can you believe its been another week?!  I can´t!  But then I think back to Wednesday this week when I thought P-day would literally never come!  Ha :)  Many of you have asked about the life here in Argentina....

The weather is weird, because for 3-4 days it is FREEZING and I wear my Utah winter coat and then other days it is sunny and warm and I wear a t-shirt!  I prefer the latter :)  Because of the cold and humidity nothing ever dries.  We washed our clothes and a week later they are still wet unless we put them in our room while we sleep (We have a portable heater in our room for the nights).  Washing clothes really isn´t as bad as I thought it would be...YES it takes much longer, but we have a nice apartment with a sink made for washing.  It has a washboard on the side so it is really nice!  Like I said, nothing dries...so we have mold everywhere.  On the walls, floors, everything!  Today I cleaned our bathroom with lots of Clorox :) It made me feel much better! 
The food is...not from America? Ha.  Somethings are really good...and there are others I hope I never eat again!  Empanadas are really popular, which is good cause I really like these! This is meat that is wrapped in a tortilla like shell, and then deep fried.  I love the bread here!  It is soo good!  I´m already getting a belly!  I also tried Rebiro...This is four held together by oil...It tastes about like it sounds!  That didn´t sit well on my stomach :)  Apparently this is really common in Paraguay...
Our area is in Posadas, but in the outskirts.  (La Valle is the area name).  We walk a lot, but I don´t think its nearly as much as I planned.  Maybe 3-4 miles per day...but I really don´t know!  Everyone is very friendly here.  We do a lot with less actives.  So many people are baptized but never continue to come to church or live the gospel.  Right now we are trying to find a balance with both our investigators and less actives. 
I have been a little sick...but nothing to bad.  It is just a big environment adjustment.  The food, schedule, water...and just about everything else in your life :) 
This week we had a lesson with a drug dealer...that was interesting!  People kept dropping by to pick up their goods, but hey everyone needs the gospel right?!  Ha.

 I also had a really great lesson this week.  It is with our investigator, Guille.  She is 22 years old and she just had a baby.  She believes everything and wants to be baptized.  The only problem is that she in not married.  She is waiting for something with her insurance, but it is taking FOREVER!  We were teaching about the importance of prayer, personal and with your spouse.  The spirit was so strong and it was so great to help them set goals.  The reason it was so great was because I actually understood what was happening the whole time!  I was able to contribute the whole time!  I actually felt like I was helping someone.  This made me so excited for the months to come!  I am starting to see the purpose I am here! 
After this lesson we had a lesson and I understood nothing...so it is a process and some lessons are better than others.  I understand some people really well, and then others I only catch a couple of words.   I was reading this week in 2 Nephi 25.  I was thinking about the refiners fire and how we all become better and more refined through our trials.  I know this experience will help me in every part of my life. I love verse 29.  After reading this I asked a question to myself..."how can I worship Christ more fully in my life?  How can I bring him in to every aspect of my life?"  I ask this same question to you.  Write your goals down and then see how you are changed through Christ.
Thank you all so much for the emails!  I will write you back, but it may take some time, so be patient!  Love you all!  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support!  Thank you for helping me get to where I am today.  Love you!
See you soon,
Hermana Fox
1- Our keys look like toys...
2-HMA Salcido and I at church
3- We had Subway 


No comments:

Post a Comment