Thursday, July 9, 2015

Updates from Hermana Fox
Jun. 7, 2015




Hola!

All is well here. My favorite quote of the week, "The MTC is like Disneyland...for missionaries!"  It is so true.  I have met so many great people and I feel like my zone is one big family.  Most importantly is the work that takes place within these walls. Yes it is hard, yes I am tired, BUT I love it.  Anytime that I become frustrated, I think of the families that are waiting for me in Argentina.  If I don't do all I can to prepare while I am here I am letting them down.  This is my time to dedicate to the Lord.

This week we had a couple of great speakers.  Elder Christoffersen and Janice Kapp Perry came.  They were both so inspiring.  Elder Christoffersen talked about questions that most all missionaries have.  The one that stood out time me was "How do I know if I am doing all that I can do?"  The answer is simple.  If you open your mouth at every opportunity you are doing enough.  I love that!  

This week we had a kickball game.  District A against District B (the only 2 districts in our zone).  Even though none of the sisters knew what they were doing....we had a blast.  I'm pleased to announce that my district won slightly...10-3 :)  Ha.  It was so fun to just relax and have a good time. 

The language is going well.  I know the Lord blesses me and is helping me all the way.  Each day I feel like a can say a little more.  I am becoming more comfortable teaching lessons in Spanish.  I just have to remind myself to stop worrying about the Spanish and love the investigator.  If I love them and focus on the Spirit that is felt I have done my part.

I know that the Lord is aware of each of you.  He knows you by name and he wants to bless and help you.  He knows exactly how each of us feel.  He understands.  He is my Savior and yours.  He is the greatest message of all.  I love this opportunity to share this message with others.  Love you all!

I'll see you soon then,

Hermana Fox

May. 29, 2015














This week has been absolutely fantastic!  There is so much that happens every day so I will just be able to share so highlights.

ELDER HOLLAND came and spoke to us!!!  He gave the most beautiful devotional!  he talked a lot about personal conversion.  It was so perfect for me.  I have been thinking a lot about the difference between a testimony and being converted so it was an answer to my prayers.  He is a perfect example of teaching with the spirit and letting the spirit guide you.  I have asked myself this question a lot this week, "Do I just have a testimony or am I converted?  Do I live my testimony or is it just there?  What more can I do to be a disciple of Christ and carry his light and His Name on my chest?"  I loved a talk from Elder Bednar also.  He talked more about Christ's life and how He lived.  Christ had so much compassion for everyone.  He truly lost himself in the work.  Think about the Garden of Gethsemani (I don't know how to spell that in English...), and being completely and utterly alone.  His disciples wouldn't/couldn't stay up with him.  He was abandoned, and then when the soldiers came to get him, one apostle cut an ear of a soldier off.  At this point Christ STILL has compassion and cares more about others as he heals the ear of this soldier.  Could we all just be a little bit more like Christ and stop caring about ourselves?

The spirit is so strong here and I feel closer to heaven that I ever have before.  Another missionary was really struggling this week and I felt like I needed to go and talk to him.  He was doubt himself.  He really has been through a lot, i bear testimony that what I told him came straight from God.  I have never felt the spirit work so strongly though me.  The words were given to me and he was so grateful that I was able to help him.  I love being able to be His hands on this earth!

We have one investigator that I love teaching.  I feel the spirit every time and it is such a cool experience.  I am able to just be myself and laugh with him.  when I compare these lessons to our other investigators lessons they don't even come close.  I am able to be myself with him and I am realizing how important it is!  Our third day here was our first lesson...YES IN SPANISH!  I can't believe that I am able to even carry on a conversation after just being here a week.  We have taught every day since then and it has been a struggle as well as a blessing.  I look forward to each appointment and I am learning so much about the Lords work.

Yes there are hard times...but they are completely over ruled by the amazing ones!  Spanish is hard...but it is coming!  Teaching is hard...but it is coming.  I just have to remember, "I can do all thing with Christ who strengthen me."

I have been reading the new testament and I am absolutely loving it!!!  I love learning more about Christ, because he is THE WHOLE reason I am out here!

FUNNY STORY:  While we were teaching we were trying to describe the what the spirit felt like.  we wanted to say that it feels happy and peaceful...but we didn't know how to say peace...so we guessed.  Well we ended up saying the he would feel a fish in his heart.  Well that was a spirit killer, but we recovered HAHA!  We had a good laugh about that!

Thank you all so much for your prayers, I really do feel them and I am grateful for all of you in my life.  I expected it to be a much harder adjustment than it was and I know it is because of your prayers.  I have felt at home here and I know the work I am participating in is much greater than myself.  That is the only reason I would be able to put myself through something so difficult.  I lvoe you and hope all is well! 

I don't have time to write you all back but I appreciate the letters and emails!  Know that I love you!

Hermana Fox
May. 24, 2015


Hola Hermanas y Hermanos,

No comments:

Post a Comment