Friday, July 10, 2015

2 weeks until Argentia

June 12, 2015
Hello family and friends!
 This week has been a week to remember through the good and the bad I'm learning and growing! I am in the best district every and I'm so grateful for each one of them. I have learned from each one of them so much. They are all much more prepared than be, but "hey" thats not a bad position to be in. I get to learn from the best! Many of you may have heard that I have been sick since I've got here. This week the Dr. drew blood to see if they could find anything out. I am starting to feel better and I am able to keep up with the schedule so all is well. I should have some more information next week. Thank you all for your prayers. I feel them, and I know I would be much worse without your faith filled prayers.

 Here are a couple highlights from the week: This week I had a major migraine. My eyes were sensitive to the light and it hurt to move because me head would swirl. That night, I went to my Savior in prayer begging for relief. As I prayed for relief I literally felt the pain being lifted from me. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ I can be healed. He has payed the price for all my sins, infirmities, pains, and sicknesses. I am NOTHING without Christ. Here in the mission I feel that everyday. Without Him and the Holy Ghost leading me each and every moment I am useless. He is the reason. He is the way. He is the light. He brings me life. I am so grateful for him! He lives!

 This week Brother and Sister Burton came and spoke to us (she is the relief society general President). Both of their talks were so inspiring! He is a question from Brother Burton I would like to ask you, "What do you think of Christ?" Sister Burton talked about the verse in 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life." I love this scripture. here are some questions we talked about. What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ? What does it look like? What do disciple do? Why do disciples follow Him? We had a great discussion and it was testimony building experience.

 The first part of the week I felt a little down. I felt that I hadn't felt the spirit in a couple of days and I was becoming frustrated. I didn't know if I was just getting used to it so I didn't notice it as much any more, or if the spirit was really absent. I talked to one of my Spanish teachers about what I was feeling. He asked me to read Alma 38 and then answer a couple of questions. 1) How does Ammon depend on the Spirit? 2) When is the spirit manifested in these scriptures? This was so eye opening to me. I started to feel quite guilty. I have been slacking on some of the rules. In these scriptures Ammon receives blessings because he is faithful. He is exactly obedient in following the commandments of God. The spirit was able to work through him because he was faithful. I know that when I follow him with exact obedience the spirit will be able to work through me. After this I have been able to feel the spirit again and I can feel Him working through me. I love that the teachers here, know who the really teacher is. There is no one else I would rather learn from. Another thing that has been talked about this week: "Do I live what I teach?" Words only go so far...people see actions and THAT is what they remember. LIVE WHAT YOU SAY. Last thought: Something must be right about this Gospel...it is in the hands of 18 and 19 year old children and it is still pressing on strong. I hope all is well at home. Know that I love you!

 I'll see you soon then, Hermana Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment