Thursday, July 9, 2015


Hola Hermanas y Hermanos,

 

These past two days have been awesome!  Thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts!  I can feel them everyday!  I appreciate all your support, especially in the last week!  Know that I love you!

 

Each day is completely filled.  We never have a break.  We go from one amazing class to another.  The spirit is so strong here!  I have never felt the spirit so strong, so often...ever.  The Lord has blessed me with so many blessings.  I have ran into so many people that I know.  I know that the Lord has placed them in my path to remind me that I'm not alone.  It is so fun seeing a familiar face and catching up with so many old friends!

 

 I'm also so grateful for my companion!  We actually went to the same high school, although we never knew each other.  We had just heard of each other, and now we're best friends!  I am learning so much from her!  She has a very strong testimony and I'm so blessed to be spending time with her.

 

About an hour after getting here we went to class.  Everything was in Spanish...which was expected, but I didn't expect it to be that hard!  Each day in class is like a rollarcoaster.  I go from being completely excited and feeling like I'm getting the language, to being completely lost and frustrated in a matter of five minutes.  It is all good, and I'm excited for the upcoming week to continue learning.

 

Sometimes you just need to laugh.  On our first night at the MTC my companion and I were trying to get back to our classroom to pick up a couple of books.  We walk into the building and down to our classroom and the walls were covered in mandarin and our stuff was gone!  I was so confused because the teachers said all of are stuff would be there.  So we went in the classroom next to us and asked the elders where our stuff was.  They told us the lost and found was down the hall and I just stared at him confused.  A couple of seconds later I thought to ask them what building we were in.  He told us the building and I just started laughing,said thanks, and walked out.  We were in the wrong building, but you wouldn't know because every building looks exactly the same! 

 

I can't imagine any other place I would want to be at this time in my life!  It truly is the Lords university.  I love it here, and I am loving the person I am becoming.  I know the Savior is helping me every minute.  I know He lives and loves each and every one of us.  This is His Church on the earth and I'm so grateful to be a part of it! Love you all!

 

I'll see you soon then,

Hermana Fox

May. 11, 2015


http://d16cgiik7nzsna.cloudfront.net/2d/91/i104567085._szw480h1280_.jpg

I have been called to serve in the Argentina Posadas Mission!  I leave for the Provo MTC on May 20th, 2015; it is expected that I will serve for a period of 18 months. I will be preaching the gospel in the Spanish langauge.  :)

I am excited to share the joys of the gospel with the people of Argentina and Paraguay.  I know that God lives and loves each of us.  He is aware of us.  He hears and answers prayers.  He sent His son to earth to redeem the world.  What a wonderful gift He has given us!  I know that through the atonement and death of my Savior that I can be forgiven and return to my Father in Heaven.  I know that we have a living prophet of God today.  I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that he translated to Book of Mormon.  I know that it is the word of God.  By reading it, I have drawn closer to Jesus Christ.  He is the way, the truth, and the light and I am so grateful for this opportunity to share this knowledge with His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment