Friday, July 10, 2015

Has it really been a week?



6/19/15

HOLA familia y amigos!  Como estan?  

Time is flying by!  I wish we had more time in the day!  There is so much to study, so much to learn, so much to do.  Could days be a little longer?!  I can't believe one month of my service to the Lord is gone!  I'm afraid the rest of the time will slip through my fingers and then it will be over!  Being on a mission is an opportunity, a privilege.  This is a once in an eternity experience and I'm am just lucky enough that the Lord would trust me with His work.  This truly is a marvelous work!  

Before and during a mission you hear so much about what the mission is really about.  Here is a short list of things I hear all the time.

Lose yourself in the work.
Forget about you and focus on your investigator.
Don't think about what you are going to say while your investigator is talking.
Follow the Spirit.
Be obedient.
Pray.
Don't worry about the language.
And the list goes on....

Until you experience this...these are just a bunch of words.  This week we spent a lot of time studying the way that Christ taught.  Christ didn't "lecture" his "investigators".  He ask inspired questions questions that allowed the people to think about their beliefs.  We practice this every day, but it takes practice...and its HARD...but we had one lesson that we were able to experience THIS.

We were teaching David, an investigator that hasn't been progressing.  He has been more worried about the church's stance on political issues.  This lesson started off like any other he asked random questions about what we believed and we tried with our broken Spanish to answer.  We tried to move on with the lesson, invite the spirit, find out what he needed to hear at the time, and deliver a message.  I was becoming so frustrated I was about ready to just end the lesson and walk out.  I prayed that we would be able to implement what we had learned and practiced.  We scratched the lesson plan and started to focus on him.  Listen to what he was saying.  Imagine how he was feeling.  And the lesson made a 180 degree turn.  The spirit started speaking through us.  I can guarantee that everything out of my mouth was straight from God.  Eventually we were prompted to ask him if he would be baptized.  The spirit was strong.   I have never felt if so strong in all of my life.  He agreed!  It was just a glimpse of everything that we have been learning.  Each day I am learning that I DON'T MATTER!  I am here for others.  Missionary work is not about me!  IT NEVER WAS.  It is about others.  When I focus on others everything goes much better.  This is His Work and I need to remember to teach it His way.

My view of the missionary I want to be is changing.  I mean nothing.  I just provide a body for the spirit.  When I remember that the spirit is the converter and that He is teacher, I see miracles.  The work moves on no matter what the world is doing.  I love my Savior.  He is the way, the truth, and the light.  I am so excited for the the opportunity to Serve my Savior and Redeemer.  I know what the Gospel has done for me and I can't wait to share it with others.

This week we were able to Skpe a member in Argentina.  It started to become so real!  There are actually real life people down there :) HAHA I leave in 10 days!!! I have loved the MTC, but I'm excited to get to Argentina!  

Love you all! Thanks for everything!  

I'll see you soon then,
Hermana Starlee Fox

1)  Our district...sadly the other zone left this week :(
2)  Sisters in my district :)


No comments:

Post a Comment