Friday, July 10, 2015

On the countdown...60 hours

6/26/15

Hola Familia!!!

Oh where do I start?!  First I need to apologize....by reading my letters, you may seem to think I am perfect and I am always so excited, happy, and on fire.  Reality check:  No I am not always happy or this spiritual all the time :) The mission is hard, as is life.  Each day is a struggle to overcome the "Starlee" in me.  The pridefullness, the silliness, the non missionaryness of me.  It is not easy, nor should it be.  So I apologize for only sharing the highlights.  I am still human,  I make more than enough mistakes, and I still have doubts and stresses just as we all do.

I am feeling much better.  The Dr.'s were not able to find anything out, but I know Heavenly Father is looking out for me and He heals us as we ask in faith.

This week we have talked a lot about Joseph Smith and his life on earth.  As members of the Church sometimes we tend to think that because we are following the Savior, our lives should be easy.  Was this the case with Joseph Smith's life?  Without trials, how are we to grow, learn, and progress to return to God?  After all, what is the ultimate purpose of God's plan of happiness?  

This week in devotional the speaker said, "DONT HOLD BACK".  Wow...if words could smack you in the face....  I only have 18 months to give 100% of my time to the Lord...but am I doing all that I can do?  I am literally acting in Christ's name, but am I acting as He would act?  I want so badly for Heavenly Father to be able to look on me and say that I am doing as He would have me do, and speaking as He would have me speak.  But how easy is it to forget how sacred our calling really is?  How easy is it to get sucked into the moment and forget the eternal perspective?  

I know that I am doing the Lords work, and I am excited!  I leave my spiritual home here at the MTC on Monday and get thrown out into the "real world".  I pray and hope that my service can be found pleasing to my Savior and Redeemer.

I hope all is well at home!  Love you all! 

See you soon,

Hermana Fox

1) Hermana Baggett, Fox, Pitts
2) Sisters in my District

No comments:

Post a Comment