Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/16 It's a great day to be alive!






I have arrived in my new area!  I am serving in Corpus Cristi and Roca.  We actually have 2 areas and 2 pensions,so we split our time at both!  I am so very excited for this transfer!  Corpus is just the smallest little town you have ever seen.  Everyone knows everyone.     We have a small branch and it doesn't help that everyone is on vacations.   We had a church attendance of 7, including us. Ha Ha.  That was different, but I am really enjoying it.  

My companion is just a doll!  I am so happy to serve with her, and we both have so many expectations for the transfer.
Leaving Eldorado. That was hard to say good bye.  It was hard to say goodbye to Ca., but it was so rewarding to see her conversion.  On our last lesson we taught the law of Chastity.  She was wearing a mini skirt and tanktop, and when we finished the lesson, she hurried and got up and changed.  She is just the greatest! 
 
 I am loving my companion.  We have clicked so well, and I just feel like she is my friend! We traveled to our new area on Thursday morning at 3:00 am.  All was fine until Friday night.  My whole body just hurt, then Saturday I had a really high fever...like 39.4°C.   I had slept all day, and then when I woke up I passed out and was out for about 25 seconds.  We went to the hospital and they gave me a shot to control the fever and some pills.  Today we came to Posadas to the bigger hospital.  I was still burning at about 39°C and so I got another injection and blood draw.  We are going in just a bit to find test results.  We are pretty sure that is  Dengue/zika virus ( it is really wide spread right now),  but I will know tonight.  If that is the case I have to stay in bed for 1-2 weeks.  My body doesn't hurt so much right now, but lymph are swollen, and I have a rash on my stomach and back.  I don't want you to worry.  All is fine.  I feel very taken care of.  My companion has been helping and serving me with everything.  I am so taken care of! 
 
I'm so greatful to be able to take part in this work.  I love watching the conversion of others and the difference it makes in their lives.  When we accept Christ in our lives we are changed.  Life is more fully lived.  Joy is more fully felt. I am so grateful for my Savior!

Thank you all for you support, and your letters!  I so appreciate it!  I am so blessed to have such great family and friends.  I am sorry am not able to respond to any letters today.  Thanks again. 

See you soon,

Hermana Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment