Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2/9/16 ZZZZ...






Well, hello again!  I know it is a bit odd that I am writing on Tuesday, but yesterday was a National Holiday, so everything  was shut down in our tiny little town.  That means our "cyber" was closed, but also the bus system out of Corpus was closed.  So we finally were able to get out today!  Ha.  That explains a bit about my new area!  It is crazy little! 

So this week...I will call my Dengue week.  Blood results came back positive for Dengue Fever (Zika Virus) on Wednesday, and so I was out all week!  Dengue gives you a really high fever, body aches, 0 appetite, and you have ZERO energy to do anything!  I literally slept about 20 hours a day, every day this week.  My companion had to come wake me up every 6 hours to take a pill so that my fever would stay down.  Thankfully I didn't pass out anymore, but when I woke up I felt like it, so I was confined to the bed.  So basically my week in review...sleep, wake up, take a pill, go to the bathroom, and sleep again. It was slightly pathetic!

On Saturday I felt alright in the night, so we went out for an hour.  It was so great to get out of the house,  (BUT hard to leave my air conditioned cave. ) We met with Lorena, who is an amazing woman! What I love about her is that she thinks, she listens, and comprehends, and then thinks for herself.  She wants to be baptized and realizes how important this promise is with God.  I am so excited to keep working with her!

Sunday we went to church, and it was all going really great, we actually had a big group of 17!  In the end of 2nd hour, we were teaching the youth and we heard a bunch of commotion outside.  When we opened the door our room filled with smoke, and then we ran outside.  The AC that was recently installed had caught on fire!  WHAT?!  Ya, so we put that out and then President came and told us we were going to finish church with a prayer.  (Our members are a BIT dramatic!) HA.  Needless to say, I was exhausted, so it was perfect, I went home and slept the WHOLE day!

I am feeling much better, and I am so grateful for all the prayers that are coming my way!  My fever has gone away and we started working again yesterday!  I have high hopes for the week, and I am so grateful to be back at work and see the miracles start pouring down! :)  It is so hard to just stay in the pension (probably a lot harder for my companion than me), all day. My mind wanders and I kinda wanted to just come home.  I dreamt so much about all of you guys, and thought lots about my life, after the mission.  BUT, oh how amazing what a little work will do, when we get out of ourselves and go help others!  It truly works miracles!

Love you all and hope its a good one!  Enjoy the snow, because I only get to dream about it!  

When it comes down to it, I love my Savior, I love the gospel, and I feel so privileged to be able to share this special message with my brothers and sisters.

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

Saturday night, and waiting in the bus stop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment