Monday, June 27, 2016

6/27/2016 New Beginnings!

Wow...it has been a week to remember!!!!

So, we went to Itiapu today, which means we went to BRAZIL.  Itiapu dam is a hydroelectric dam on the Parana River located on the border between Brazil and Paraguay.  It is the largest power plant on the earth!  That was awesome, but I am not able to send pictures, so they will be coming!  The dam is HUGE!  It sustains 80% of all power in Paraguy and 12% of Brazil.  It was quite the sight!  We went with a group of missionaries and it was really fun!

It was a good week.  It went by fast.  We have had quite a few lessons.  There are a few who are progressing.  We are teaching 2 couples who are young.  The males are inactives, and the women are investigating.  THEY BOTH came to church this week!  THAT WAS AWESOME!  We have a lot hope with these part member families.

Well, President and Hermana LaPierre are headed home.  We had our last zone conference with them, and WOW can I tell you, it was the BEST conference I have been in.  It was EXACTLY what I was I needing in this moment!  Early in the week I had been feeling like I wasn't enjoying the spirit as much as I would like.  I felt like I was going through all the missionary motions; speaking of Christ, testifying of Him, and inviting others to come unto Him...but I felt like it was without feeling.  I had mentioned to my companion, and we had a good discussion.  After much prayer and 2 days, God blessed me with an abundance of the spirit.  It was so incredibly special!  I have never felt like that in my life.  Since then I have really been trying to NOTICE the spirit in every moment and to keep my thoughts centered on Christ.  Being a missionary we have spiritual experience after spiritual experience, and after a 1 year, I think I started to forget how special that REALLY is.  It was really nice to reflect and remember how special the gift of the Spirit is.  I am so grateful for him, and the comfort, guidance and love he shows me.  Oh what I would give, so that everyone could feel this way!  There is nothing quite like it. 
 
I am so grateful to be on a mission and be able to experience each moment.  There are days I wonder if I am really accomplishing anything, but as I look back I see there is no greater convert than myself.  Oh how grateful I am for my Savior and Father who has given me this opportunity to serve them.  It helps me to see a bit their greatness.

It was a bitter sweet goodbye to President and Hermana LaPierre.  I know that they have finsihed what they were sent here to do, and another has been called.  May God bless them and each of His servents.

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment