Tuesday, July 5, 2016

7/4/2016 Happy 4th of July!

 
Well, Happy Birthday AMERICA!!! Oh how blessed we are to live in Los estados unidos de America!  Well, of course we had to celebrate!  We had a zone celebration!  The day was filled with lots of great friends, good laughs and a good game of kickball!  We had cake, hot dogs, and of course we sang the National Anthem!    :)    Wow, I am so proud to be an American!  

This week was FANTASTIC!  We have been so busy and SO blessed!  The day in the life of a missionary is not like anything else.  We get to do what no one else does, with a power that very few people have.  It is so thrilling, emotional, exciting, spirit filled, and well, just simply AMAZING! 

We got to meet Presidente y Hermana Svec this week.  It was a short moment, but oh how great it was!  I know that he is called of God and the mantle has been placed on His shoulders.  Each calling is important to God, and He has a reason for every calling.  We are called for a reason, and as we fulfill our callings to the best of our ability, he places power behind our words and actions.  What a great opportunity it is to serve Him, in whatever capacity we are called to.

CA.   This woman, is so special.  She was a reference from a member.  Her boyfriend is (was :) ) an inactive, and she agreed to get to know his church.  We started teaching her last week.  On Thursday we had a lesson and had invited her to pray about Joseph Smith, and it see if this is the TRUE church of God.  On Friday we received a text from her saying,  "Hermanas, I am so incredibly happy!  Thank you so much for you support, and all the time you dedicate to helping me.  I cant wait to see you tomorrow!"  On Saturday when we met with her she told us of the experience she had while praying.  She described the spirit as feeling "like I was in heaven.  I have never felt that before.  I know that what you have taught me is true, and I cant wait to take the first step by being baptized!"  Nobody could have wiped away the ear-to-ear smile I had in that moment!  God answers prayers when we ASK IN FAITH, DETERMINED to ACT.  She then looked at us and said, but I believe I need a Book of Mormon to be able to learn more. We had not even mentioned the Book of Mormon at this point, but she had read about it in the pamphlet.  I looked at my companion and she looked at me.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and oh how she treasured that.  She could not believe that we would gift her a Book of Mormon. She said,  "I cant wait to be able to learn more about Jesus!"  Oh how sweet is the conversion!!!  I love being able to participate in this great work!  There is nothing sweeter, more worthwhile, or fulfilling than working for the One and Only who created all.  I know He lives, He loves us, He answers those who seek, and He wants us to succeed!  CA. is preparing to be baptized the 30th of July! 

On Sunday, we were seated in sacrament meeting with about 15 minutes left of the meeting.  I was thoroughly enjoying the testimonies, when my companion jabbed my side.  She pointed to the door, and there in the window were three familiar faces!  FA. and her 2 children came to church!  What a happy surprise!!!  We found her contacting about 2 weeks ago, and felt something really special from day 1.   We were so surprised that she came, but so incredibly thrilled!  Sometimes all is takes is an invitation!  

Well, its been a good one here, and I hope all is well there!  Enjoy yourselves, and Remember Christ in all!  I love you all!

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

Sorry for the lack of pictures...Virus infested computers.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment