Tuesday, June 21, 2016

6/20/2016 The most important work of all!




 Missionaries at the bus terminal in Asuncion Paraguay.
Temple in Paraguay.


Hello!

This week has flown by so SO fast!  On Monday night we hopped in a bus and traveled to Asuncion for legal paper work for Paraguay.  We spent half the day there before returning late on Tuesday night.  It was a great trip, but the most special was seeing the temple!   I have not seen a temple in 1 year!  We were not allowed to do a session, but we sisters snuk in and the temple workers brought us temple role papers.  We sat in the front room for about 4 minutes adding names to the prayer roll.   Oh how special it was!  I can not explain the peace that is found in the temple! I have missed that place so much and can not wait to go back!  The rest of the trip we got to go to Pizza Hut and McDonald´s, and had lots of fun with missionaries!  I am so grateful for all my peer missionaries, and have made some of my dearest friends!

Friday we had divisions!  I got to go with Hermana Ehlert, my old Companion!!!   We had such a great time!  It was just like old times, teaching together!  Oh how I love that angel!

This week we had to push back the baptism date of CA.  We are still working with her, but hope to see more conversion, before she enters into her first covenant.
 
There are a lot of people walking around with machine guns guarding homes and businesses.  At first it freaked me out a little, but I am used to it now.

Yesterday, I met AO.  That was quite the "charla"!  He is an old investigator.  Lives here in Ciudad Del Este (CDE) alone.   In the last couple of months all of his family has been baptized in Pilar, which is about 9 hours away.  The hermanas had dropped him because he had excessive questions and lack of faith to find the answers.  In the first part of the charla he started to enter into asking tons of questions and thinking in circles.  We weren't getting anywhere.  We were trying to REALLY listen to him and to the spirit, and the spirit TOOK IT AWAY!  We asked if he really desired to find the truth, and join it?  He sincerely said," YES" .  In the end there was an agreement that He will live like a latter day saint, and learn all he can, being completely dedicated for ONE month.  And in the end if he doesn't receive answers and feel something, we will let him be.   :)  But at least he has to TRY the cake, and not just judge it from the outside!  I am so excited to work with him!  I know that whatever person who is TRULY looking and PUTS forth an effort to find the truth,  IT WILL BE FOUND!

I am so blessed to participate in such a special work.  There is nothing like it.  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WORK IN THE WORLD!   It is the work of Salvation!  I dont know why the Lord trusts all of these 18-20 year olds, but oh am I grateful that He does.  It is changing me, and millions more.  I love my Father in Heaven, and Savior, Jesus Christ.  This is their work, and it will press on!

Thank you all for all your support and love!  I appreciate it, and hope all is well with you at home!

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment