Monday, April 4, 2016

04/04/16 Feliz Abril!











Hello!  How are you all?!  I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did.  I truly was inspired and it was exactly what I needed to hear.  I loved the spirit that testified of each of the shared messages! Oh how great is the love of the brethren and of our God.  It truly was His conference. I hope you felt Him, and sought Him as President Eyring invited.


Bueno, it has been an hermosa semana in the work of the Lord!  I got feeling better on Wednesday and we were able to get out working again on Thursday!  I am so blessed to have the health and strength to serve in this great work!  God works miracles each and every day!  We have started teaching a woman named Lorena.  Se is so great and loves listening.  Last week her husband sat in on a lesson and thoroughly enjoyed it!  He opened right up and the spirit was so strong! But he told us that he doesn't usually sit down to talk about God and that we shouldn't expect anything from him. So Friday we were down to the last hour of the night and our last appointment fell through.  :(  I was a bit less than happy, as that is the least effective hour to contact people here.  Who wants two people they don't know knocking on their door at 9:00 at night?!  I don't blame them.  Then we had a thought to pass by Lorena and her family.  We walked across town and when we got there they weren't there!  I may have slumped my shoulders a bit as we started to walk away slowly.  The street was illuminated with some truck lights.  As soon as we turned to look, the truck honked and it was this family returning home!  I straightened up as we turned around and went back to greet the family.  To our surprise we sat down and out came Lorena, and then all of the children, and then her husband! We had one of the greatest conversations with them!  I have never felt the promise that "your mouth shall be filled in the precise moment necessary"!   We sat and talked of Christ, Baptism, Confirmation, and all of the importance. Then Lorena shared her desire to be baptized!  :)   There came a moment when I had no idea what to say.  I sat there and knew I had to say something.  Everyone was looking at me. I felt I needed to ask a question but had no idea what!  We sat for about what felt like an eternity waiting for the thought with my mouth open.  I knew He would fill my mouth, but I was completely BLANK! So with my open mouth I  started to form a question , but had absolute NO idea where I was going with it.  "Que es lo que....no...como podemos...no...Porque piense...no...??"  Then finally one of those starts took off, my mouth was filled and it led to a discussion where we learned more of the desires and concerns of Him.  I have no idea what I said, but I know it was directly from the Lord.  But he can not say anything until we open our mouths and start talking!  I am so grateful for this promise and know that this work is NOTHING without him!

I love Him.  I love the Holy Ghost.  I love our Prophet and know He is called of God.  I BELIEVE in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I BELIEVE with all of my heart that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.  I invite you to come to know and to believe! 

See you soon,
Hermana Fox
 


Pics:
-In front of one of our pensions (apartment).  We cover two areas, so we have two pensions.
-On the bus to Posadas for the conference.  :)
-Me and Hermana (my comp)!  She is so great!  She has such a great desire to follow the Lord and the Holy Spirit. I am learning so much from her humility and her love for the work!  Buenos Aires just tends to send GREAT misioneras :)

No comments:

Post a Comment