Monday, July 18, 2016

7/18/16 BUEN DIA!

Hi Family and Friends!
 
Wow, what a week!  Its been quite the journey!  Well transfers on Wednesday meant that we had to start traveling on Tuesday night.  With the lack of sisters having transfers, I had to travel with my companion to Encarnacion and then cross over into Argentina to look for my new companion!  Wow!  That makes for a long 24 hours of traveling!   I had a riot!  It is always a blast being surronded by missionaries and getting to know new ones!

So, Hermana Nacimento, is GREAT!!!  This sister has got so much energy and well, she is just HAPPY!  She is from Brazil.  So, with the two of us foreign sisters, both speaking a language that is not our own, and between the 3 languages we can figure out just about everything we want to say!   BONUS:  She is teaching me Portugese and I teach her English!

Well, I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but I have been sick again since Thursday. I've had a sore throat, head and body aches with a fever, most likely viral.  This weekend was a bit...TRANQUILO.  I'm doing some better now and we are getting back into the work week.   :)

Anyone that knows me, well knows that I am terrified to play piano in front of people, right?  Here in the 1st ward, I play the piano in sacrament meeting every week. I am pianist for all of the songs.  YIKES!  There are two things I have learned with this.
  1- When I pray and ask for help beforehand, the Lord helps me and it all turns out fine.  2- STOP being prideful!  I have learned that it is ok to not be perfect.  
 Lets just say it has been humbling!  I have acually started enjoying it and God really is blessing and helping me devellop this talent.  

Fun fact of the week:  We went to a Brazilan restaurant with a member.   I ate a CHICKEN HEART!!!!  It was cooked rotisserie style...and I actually liked it!  The arteries gave it a good crunch!  

Love you all!  Have a great one!

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

Sorry for the lack of pictures.  I am still not able to send from this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment