Monday, March 14, 2016

03/14/16 Bright is the day, Oh Happy day!

Bright is the day, Oh happy day! ‏



 
 




Hello!  

Well, I know you are all dying to know if I am still alive.  Good news!  Ha,  I actually got back out to work this week!  From the day I met my new companion, Hermana Cruz. We have worked everyday, and oh can I tell you how good that feels!  OH HAPPY DAY, HAPPY DAY,  as Grandma Fox would say!  Speaking of my companion, she is so great!!  She is from Good Air (Buenos Aires), Argentina.  She is 24 and a fireball!  She is way ahead of where I was when I got here!  We are doing well and I feel so blessed to be serving with her!  Its a good thing that she is so great because that was a hard goodbye to Hermana Elhert.  Hermana Elhert is so amazing!  She has been my angel through this rough ride!  I so love her!

Ok, rewind, Wednesday President asked if me and Hermana Ehlert to come to Posadas to welcome the new missionaries and stay the night with them before they met their trainers!  Well of course we jumped for joy at the opportunity! :)  It was a BLAST!  
WORDLY, CARNAL SIDENOTE:  So we got to stay in a hotel, and oh  let me tell you, it was a small piece of America here in Argentina!!!  It was like heaven!  Not that there was a waffle maker, or room service, but Hot water, clean shower, carpet, and continental breakfast just about did me over!  Ha! 

So when all the newbies where just about ready to leave with their trainers, President gave us a last "Pep talk".  He was asking all the "more experienced missionaries" for advice that they could give the newbies.  I had a feeling that I should share something very specific about the atonement of Christ and not ever being left alone.  I got nervous, and well sadly I didn't follow the prompting.  Just as president was closing another Hermana raised her hand and shared the EXACT same thought I had.  I was so grateful that SOMEONE had followed the spirit, but very disappointed in myself that it wasn't me.  I want to be someone that the Lord can trust.  That in whatever moment, He knows that if he gives me a prompting, that I will act on it!  Well, I hope I have learned that lesson for the last time!  Since then it has been a big focus of mine!  I have tried to act on EVERY prompting!  This has led to a couple interesting experiences, but I don't care, because I know that God knows that He can trust me.
 
AHH, there is so much I want to share, but I have to be wrapping up.  Alma 13:12 I love it!  That is the kind of feeling I want to have.  I want to be so clean that I cant even look on sin with out disgust!  Be humble and repent!  Each and every day choose to draw closer to Christ!

Yael, well we got to her house and she was progressing and on fire about 3-4 weeks ago.  Well she dropped us.  She told us that she doesn't want us to pass, she doesn't believe it.  I felt like crying!  I want her to have the happiness of the gospel so much, yet she chose to reject it!  

I am so happy, I am happy serving the Lord.  I love my calling.  I love what I do and I love the people here in Argentina!  I am so grateful for my health, like I never have been before!  I have picked up some new interests.  I love to sing.  I actually shocked myself yesterday in Bishops council, by volunteering my companion and I for a musical number in sacrament meeting!  HAHA!   I love to cook from scratch, with a recipe, just experimenting along the way.  So things are delicious...and some things my comp. eats to be kind, with LOTS of water.   :)

I love you! I am grateful for all of you!  Thank you for your prayers and fasting!!!  Take your heart to Christ and enjoy the Joy, Happiness, and Peace that He offers!

See you soon,
Hermana Fox
 
Mailing Address:
Starlee  Fox
Mission Argentina Posadas
Cordoba 1243
Posadas CP-3300
Misiones
Argentina

My pictures from this week wont load, so here are some from me and Hna Ehlert! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment