Monday, January 18, 2016

1/18/16 I work in a Giant Sauna!!!


 
Well...we are reaching the peak of summer...and oh, can I tell you?  Words can't describe it, but you can feel and see it all. My clothes are literally WET when we get back to the pension at night.  Yes, that would be wet with SWEAT!  Ha!  Lots of water, and lots of showers :) 
 
It has been a great week!  We have continued to contact and find the ELECT. 

Ca  ...SHE IS DOING SO GREAT! She attended church again this week.  :)  She has chosen to honor the Sabbath and stop working on Sundays, and this week she beat us to church!  We were sitting in Relief Society participating in a great discussion about the peace that Christ brings in our lives, when Ca. raised her and hand and asked if she could share something!  She shared a simple parable that truly added to the spirit of the meeting!  How joyful is it to see the testimony of another grow!

We have also found 2 young women named Ma. and Jr.  We had almost stopped passing by, because they were never home, but we happened to be in the area to visit another investigator.  That appointment fell through and we walked past and found them outside, so we started to talk with them.  We shared the message of the Restoration and WOW!    We used Jenga...to show the establishment and fall of the Church of Christ.  As we testified of the simple truths the spirit testified once again of the truthfulness of this message.  I know it with all of my heart!  Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and was called by God to bring back the eternal truths that were once lost.  God loves us and wants us to be happy, therefore he has given us this beautiful pathway called "the gospel of Jesus Christ".  I love teaching others, and helping them find that which is of GREAT worth!  

A FUNNY story:   We contacted a 75 year old man this week and started to teach him about the love of God.  About 2 minutes into the lesson, he turned to me and said, "I have been looking for a Senora or Senorita.  I have money in the bank.  If you want to get married for the church we can get married in the chruch or civil, whatever you would like!"  HAHA! I sat there probably with a "deer in the headlights" look and my companion quickly explained our purpose as missionaries, (AGAIN) and then he asked if we could talk on the Internet.  HAHA!  Let"s just say we very quickly left!
  
Thank you all of everything! I love you, and hope its a good one!
 
My foot has healed up well from the worm.  It is quite common here in the heat of the summer.  If it is not taken care of there is a risk of tetanus, but it hasn't bothered me and I feel good about it.  It was really quite a funny experience!
See you soon,
Hermana Fox

Yes that is the same moon that you see.  We really aren't that far apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment