Wednesday, November 2, 2016

11/14/16 Happy Halloween!








Happy Halloween! 

Well, even though Halloween is not celebrated here, we carved a melon and had zone games!   :)    It was really quite fun, not to mention that I won the obstacle race!#Fox pride!    :)  

Well it has been a great week!  So on Tuesday this week, we had a HUGE STORM.  The thunder would sound and the ground would shake, big!   :)  I had borrowed my umbrella to a member that was accompanying us, and secretly I was as happy as could be.  There was so much water, it was almost like swimming and I think that is the closest I will get to swimming on the mission.  It was great!  There was so much mud and water.  Flooding.   We had lots of good laughs as we walked down streets in knee high water!  

On Saturday Alvaro was baptized!  It was so nice. He has been waiting for this opportunity for quite some time now.  We had to keep pushing back his date for trips and for unexpected challenges, but it finally happened and he was as happy as could be.  It was so beautiful to think that one more of Gods children has opened the door and started walking on the path to the Celestial kingdom!  

So M. was doing really great all week.  We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she was really excited to start!  She was been smoking and drinking for years.  For  a couple of days she was doing really well, but when we went to visit her on Sunday, she filled us in.  Her boyfriend is getting mad that she is changing.  He threatened to leave her and take her baby with him.  He was really upset to say the least.  She feels caught in the middle, because she has received an answer from God that the Restoration happened and that is what she needs to do, yet it seems as if her life is falling to pieces and burning.  All I can say is that Satan is working hard.  He does not want even ONE of Gods children to make it back to Him and have eternal life.  BUT...that being said...God is there and willing and ready to help us make it work.  He is a God of miracles.  He is not silent!  I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life.  It has helped me come to know my father and Savior and understand more of the GREAT PLAN of HAPPINESS that they have prepared for me.  I love this gospel.  I love being able to share it.  There is no greater joy!

See you soon,
Hermana Fox

starlee.fox@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment